AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ability to auto-login?

Question asked by brad on Jan 28, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 by brad

Hi guys,

We're a Local Government Council library service. We currently have a few different "types" of public-facing PCs, performing different roles. Due to changes in different versions of the browsers available to us, we're having to change a few things around for security/privacy reasons. To that end, we're having to force our library Catalogue PCs to reboot each hour (they currently stay on all day), in order for DeepFreeze to remove any personalised info/session/other info we don't want to remain on the machines.

Library staff, being somewhat service-oriented, want for the patron experience to be as smooth as possible, and would rather they didn't need to wait the 2 or so minutes it takes for the machine to log in and load the catalogue page, before they can start searching for the item they want.

So - my question is... is it possible to have a Pharos-controlled machine sign in automatically? They currently use Express sign-on, which the staff generally do first thing in the morning before the library opens. With the machines being rebooted every hour, this will obviously become a lot larger an issue overall. Have had a poke around, and the closest thing I could find to this was the thread regarding automatically filling in the user ID field, which is only half-way to where I want to go, if possible...

Suggestions welcome, please

Cheers,

Brad.

Outcomes