7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 11:36 AM by John Siegel

Uniprint API

Rhys Gottwald Wayfarer

Hi all,

Is there documentation on how to use the API in Uniprint 9?

• Re: Uniprint API
          Steven English Guide

Good Morning Rhys,

There is not any publicly available "official" documentation at this time.

Regards,

Steven

Rhys Gottwald Wayfarer

Thank you Steve.  Is there a time frame on documentation?

John Siegel Guide

Hi Rhys,

Have you installed API? Are you running "my print center" ?

~John

Rhys Gottwald Wayfarer

Hi John,

Not at the customer, but I have it on my PC for testing purposes.  I am more interested in trying out some ideas I have with the API, nothing that urgent ATM.

Regards

Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Rhys,

As far as I know we will not be releasing the documentation for the PharosAPI that is used for the same reason we do not publish specifications to the PharosEDI (External Device Interface).  Should that change at some point in time I'm sure an announcement will be posted in the communities if and when it gets released.

The PharosAPI has limited abilities at the moment as it is currently under ongoing development to help further the functionality of the Pharos Print Center which is the only component currently using it.

What types of ideas do you have?  What are you looking for it to do?

We can pass these ideas on to Product Management for review.

Regards,

Jeff Geller

Pharos Technical Support

John Siegel Guide

Hi Rhys,

There's really nothing to configure, it's part of the install. Be careful however, I've had the Microsoft Windows update break the Pharos REST API service. It seemed to be related to the latest version of dot.net messing with IIS. Just in case you don't have it running already, WCF htp activation needs to be installed and running for the Pharos API to work properly.

Regards,

John