1 of 1 people found this helpful
When I have encountered this in the past, I simply deleted the SRS database file* and reinstalled the SRS in order to recreate it with the proper version. The fix was simple enough that I did not try to diagnose why it happened to begin with, nor do I recall it recurring. In your case, you may want to simply rename the db file to .bak and then reinstall the appropriate Secure Release Service version. If the hotfixes have been applied as per the readme's, you will find the PharosSecureRelease.msi in the path listed below**, otherwise, you will want to get the hotfixes from the community page (https://community.pharos.com/docs/DOC-1632#jive_content_id_Uniprint_83). As a side note, .NET 4.5 wrecked a bit of havoc on the 8.3 SRS, so you might want to make sure that did not get applied with a Windows Update.
* Secure Release Service (SRS) Default Db Path
** Secure Release Service (SRS) Default Installer Path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Pharos\Bin\PharosSecureRelease.msi
Thank you Steven!
We separately tried running the PharosSecureRelease.msi, and deleting the database files, but we did not do them together. That was the fix!
Have a great weekend!