8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2014 2:59 PM by John Siegel

custom Reports

Ahmed Mahrous Wayfarer

Hello,

I need to know if we can generate a custom report in Uniprint 9.0 based of users information such as field custom1 or custom2 as we did some integration between Pharos DB and AD to add the manager name in custom1 and Budget Center name in Custom2 and we need to generate a report based on specific Manager Name or Budget Center.

Please let me know the best way to do that.

Thanks.

Ahmed.

• Re: custom Reports
          Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Ahmed,

Custom reports for Uniprint can be created using Crystal Reports if you would like them to integrate with the Pharos Reports application otherwise you can use various tools to extract the data from the Uniprint Database.

None of the current reports in the Pharos Reports application allow you to filter or select the Custom fields of the User record which means you will need to either create a Crystal Report yourself, use a different method to extract the data you are looking for or have someone at Pharos create the desired report for you.  If Pharos creates the report it will be a billable item as we charge for custom report creation.

The challenge with just using T-SQL to extract the data is that it is in a raw state and does not come with a fancy header or table layout or things that make reports nice to look at.  You can extract the data yourself and then use another application to fancy it up a bit if you like.

Regards,

Jeff Geller

Pharos Support

Ahmed Mahrous Wayfarer

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your replay.

Can I have more information about the SQL extraction and the location of such information that I can get?

Thanks in advance.

Ahmed.

Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Ahmed,

Unfortunately we do not publish the Schema to the Uniprint database publicly but if you have access to the the SQL Server where the Pharos SQL Database lives you can surely look around the Tables.

I would suggest taking an existing "View" from the database and use this as a base for a new View from which you can modify to add the two additional columns you are looking for.  Once this is done you can use this View to extract the data and sort by custom1 or custom2 as your interested in doing it sounds.  You can also utilize other tools such as MS Excel, Crystal Reports or even SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) to create a report that will suit your needs.

Regards,

Jeff Geller

Pharos Support

John Siegel Guide

Hi Jeff,

Any word on a formalized Mobileprint report being added to the Pharos reports templates?

Regards,

John

Wayfarer

Hi John,

The team will work on building MobilePrint reports starting from the next sprint.  I can't give a specific time for when the reports will be ready, but my initial forecast is to have them ready by the end of the year.

- Hany

John Siegel Guide

Hi Hany,

Thanks for the update. CU has been asking for a mobileprint reporting capability since we installed it. Currently I give them a raw number by running a SQL query

Any word on what information the reporting will provide?

Regards,

John

Wayfarer

The focus will be on a MobilePrint Overview report to show total print jobs, MobilePrint jobs, native print jobs, and the MobilePrint jobs' percentage.  Another report will display total MobilePrint jobs during a specific period of time and the associated devices.  

If you have specific information you would like us to consider, please let me know.