3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 12:31 PM by Carl Conley

Event API for BluePrint Collectors

Jim Barrett Wayfarer

Is there an Event API for BluePrint collectors that would allow me to real time receive an event that a print event has occurred? Thanks in advance. Jim.

• Re: Event API for BluePrint Collectors
          Carl Conley Scout

Hi Jim,

Not currently. Is there a specific event or series of events you're interested in having visibility to?

Regards,

Carl

Jim Barrett Wayfarer

We are looking to have a real time indicator on a print job sent to a Collector, i.e. there are 10 print jobs a minute right now on Collector 'A'. No other details required as of now but I think would be useful load measuring tool for all users of the product. Is there any logging I could tap into?

Carl Conley Scout

Hi Jim,

There are a few places we could look at for this:

1. We’ve added WCF pub/sub eventing to Secure Release that could allow a client to receive notifications. It’s currently used by our Uniprint product to listen for events over HTTP. Our Secure Release service is shared code across our Blueprint and Uniprint products.
                  2. If we need to add Performance Counters/Event Tracking for Windows events, we could use interceptors to add notifications to SRH. This approach may provide a solution without having to change the existing code.
                  3. Leverage existing Windows performance counters such as Total Jobs Printed and Total Pages Printed to determine current load.

I’ll be reaching out to you  directly to get a better understanding of what you’re trying to achieve to discover the best way to get you what you need. Building high availability into our solution is at the top of our to-do list and load balancing can be one way of achieving that.

Regards,

Carl