AnsweredAssumed Answered

8.3.2 Popups/OSX Mavericks/Older Ricoh Devices (01 series MPC)

Question asked by Bill Kasper on Oct 10, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2014 by Bill Kasper

Just to say, we're having lots of fun with the latest Apple/Ricoh print driver update (v.2.5).  We run Pharos Uniprint 8.2, and are using the 8.3.2 popup install process for Macs.

It seems to depend on the version of the OS when it's installed (automatically, for most people); it appears to overwrite the Filters folder in Library/Printers/Ricoh.  In the old Filters folder there's a file called jobLogFilterC that is required for the packages to work correctly.  If the new driver overwrites the Filters folder, that filter goes away, and the popups cease to function.  That means they don't even deploy, the printer application launched by the print process errors out and gives you a message saying you need to install software.

It's a drag, but at least it's repairable.  With a couple thousand deployments, though it will keep coming up again and again.  To that end, is there any way to use the pkg/custom folder, and the postinstall.sh file to automatically install a copy of jobLogFilterC at the time of the deploy?  Then it doesn't matter if it's there or not, it will be after the package is installed.  I'd hope one of the tech gurus at Pharos (John? Jeff?) can tell me there's a line of code I can add to the postinstall.sh to place the file in the specified location...

Best,

Bill

Bill Kasper

Program Manager

UCSC Copier Program

Outcomes