4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2014 12:47 PM by John Siegel

Can Mobileprint 2.0 support Office 365 and another email system simultaneously?

John Siegel Guide

Here at CU they have decided to move the faculty and staff over to Office 365 while leaving the student users on the current email system. I'll assume that means that faculty and staff will no longer be able to use Mobileprint after they are transitioned to office 365. Any known workarounds? Could the email be forwarded from Office 365 to say an Exchange email server and then picked up by the Mobileprint server?

Regards,

John

• Re: Can Mobileprint 2.0 support Office 365 and another email system simultaneously?
          Jeff Geller Guide

Hi John,

Good question.  Mobile Print uses one or more email addresses so that users can email documents or messages into the Uniprint system.  There would not be a need to have Mobile Print look at two different email accounts in two different mail systems.  The faculty and staff users can simply send the email they wish to submit to Uniprint to the same email address the others are using.  If they previously were sending email to "color@university.edu" they can continue to do so.

As Mobile Print 2.0 can  support multiple email addresses per user all you would need to do is update/add the email address field for the faculty/staff users in the Pharos Database using the Pharos Administrator.  The Pharos Administrator will allow multiple email addresses separated by a comma as seen below.

UP-EmailAddress1.PNG.png

Let me know if i missed something.

Cheers,

Jeff Geller

• Re: Can Mobileprint 2.0 support Office 365 and another email system simultaneously?
            John Siegel Guide

Thanks Jeff,

I thought that might be a solution, unfortunately, we can't use email registration due to an objection by the CU OIT Security Group, and there is no one DB that has all the user info that can be batch loaded. That brings up manually adding the info which isn't very practical due to the large user base, 30,0000 plus including faculty and staff. We are looking into some dedicated omega's to allow students to add email accounts, may need to look into something similar for faculty and staff.

Regards,

John