1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 12:44 PM by michele.arrandale@blackboard.com

Does Pharos support Blackboard TIA 3.0 with transact version 3.10+?

titus.chiu@ucr.edu Newbie

Hi,

Our campus is upgrading their blackboard version from 2.0 to 3.0 and I just wanted to make sure that Pharos has certified their interface to use Blackboard TIA version 3.0 with BB transact version 3.10 or greater. We're currently running Uniprint 8.3

Thanks!

• Re: Does Pharos support Blackboard TIA 3.0 with transact version 3.10+?
          michele.arrandale@blackboard.com Wayfarer

The Blackboard Transaction System and TIA host is always backwards compatible.  So a TIA v3 Host will accept transactions from a V3.0, V2.0 and V1.0 protocols/clients.  Pharos certified with v2.0 and they can submit v2.0 transactions to the Blackboard Transact Version 3.11 and Transact TIA 3.0 Host.  So even though Pharos may not be certified on V3.0, they can submit V2.0 transactions to a V3.0 Host.   There is no need to certify.  The difference between TIA V3.0 and V2.0 is simply a new Transaction Type 9, which is a board/meal plan balance inquiry.  Pharos does not process any board plans so there is no need to re-certify.   Please let me know if you have any additional questions and feel free to reach me directly  at the following:

Michele Arrandale

Director - Product Management - Financial Services and Commerce

Blackboard Inc.

Transact Division

michele.arrandale@blackboard.com

(623)476-1154