9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2014 5:25 PM by Jeff Geller

LexMark Registerme

Mark Hamer Scout

Hi, we are unable to get this working anymore, was working fine on 3.1 and in test on 5,1 sp1.2

but now we have rolled it out registerme fails (wither a stopwatch, or just returns back to home screen) im not actually at work so cant get at embedded logs, for a day or two)

but the only significant change is we imported 3000 users in to new phaors  could that be the cause?

we exported card data from SQL and exported user data from AD

imported users data via HR import and Card data via Transitional import, all "looks" good when you browse users in "Employees" section

is there maybe a time out or something else going on due to number of users?

I have posted an earlier question re ports and firewalls that of course may be cause/related,  but if not   worth discussing this side of things

anyway have a great weekend

• Re: LexMark Registerme
          Scott Olswold Guide

Mark,

It is my understanding that RegisterMe is separate from the Identifiers (user IDs, card IDs) in Blueprint. What error is returned when using RegisterMe?

Thank you,

Scott

Mark Hamer Scout

No error as such, just doesn't do anything.

on collector running config test it fails

Tracker Web service

HTTPS 401 unauthorised

and on the analyst we see error   the tracker web service test failed, the request with http status 401 unauthorised

the collectors are 2003 servers  that had old version uninstalled, but iis left alone

the analyst is a new build 2008

Scott Olswold Guide

Mark,

"401 Unauthorized" may be an issue with the "user" assigned to the PharosSystemsAppPool application pool within IIS. Windows 2008/2008R2 use a generic identity called ApplicationPoolIdentity:

and that may be giving you the problem. If you select the application pool and go into Advanced Settings, you can click in the Identity field and then click the little Browse button (the one with the ellipsis):

and then choose from any of the Built-in options that work:

"NetworkService" is a good choice. This is used by both the Tracker and the EDI services to run the web services installed with Blueprint Analyst/Collector. If that all fails, you may have a network security/GPO function that requires you to actually use a domain account with local administrative privileges.

-Scott

Mark Hamer Scout

hi, thank you, all the above checks out though, Lexmark are suggesting that something has been introduced in to te new Pharos SP1.2   (it works fine on none SP1.2 systems)

any ideas what this might be, Lexmark saying may need  anew auth script, but we are running out of time, and cause to why or where we need to edit appreciated.

Tony Hedges Wayfarer

HI Mark

Its Tony from Lexmark 8-)

It is the authentication script and how it handled reporting back on a user that already existed within the Blueprint database.

Pharos kindly amended the code and this has been tested in Lexmark and proven to work.

Hopefully your guys have been able to test and confirm this is working as well

if not, please contact me

Cheers
                  Tony

Mark Hamer Scout

who knows, :-) they keep it to them selves

I added your amended script and added my test printer,  it didn't not work  but...

before I used to just get a stop watch then reset back to normal screen

after adding your script I now get the same behaviour as live, I get asked for username and password, then it errors.

to me, its clear,  every thing works locally, nothing works remotely   its a comms error,   but they just take a frustratingly long time to try stuff  (as you should) :-)

feel free to chat on my email

Im posting here as a second thread, others were dealing with Lexmark/ your selves.

Tony Hedges Wayfarer

HI Mark

No worries, I do the same myself.  If you cast the net wide, you increase the chances of getting the right answer 8-)

I think I found the issue 8-)

And its classic "how did we miss that one?"

LOL

They tested the printer at a remote site, but pointed it directly at the Analyst and it worked 8-)

both RegisterMe and secure release.

when they pointed the printer to the local Collector it failed and the Pharos log showed a failed login due to user name or password. A generic message.

In testing the inter-server communications, some one noticed it was using port 8081, which was blocked by the firewall.

This is one of the major ports that the Servers communicate over. 

I have shown the guys how to change that port on the Analyst, Collector and the authentication script.

And am now waiting up an update.

Fingers crossed that we have this one resolved 8-)

Cheers

Tony
                      )