2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2014 8:03 PM by Mark Hamer

Install fails at last stage  Pharos 5.1

Mark Hamer Scout

hi, i have installed this many times, but not seen this error.

essentially the DB side of things doesnt work

Windows 2008 server for pharos

windows 2003 SQL 2005 cluster for DB's   the DB instance already contains several unrelated DB's  (we are sharing)

and I connect  by using   servername,instanceportnumber    servername\instance   doesnt work

Error creating database: the create database statement failed. the primary file must be at least 250mb to accomodate a copy  of the model database.

Its a very secure, very "important" SQL Cluster so i cant do too much troubleshooting, we have several "test" rigs but never seen this happen on those.

any help appreciated.
      I cant post the logs at present, but will do once i have cleansed them.    but the statment is fairly self explanitory.

cheers

• Re: Install fails at last stage  Pharos 5.1
          Scott Olswold Guide

Mark,

"We have an app for that!"

Actually, it is a Knowledge Base article. In it, we seek to change the initial size for ModelDb:

http://pharos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1829

The value referenced is often modified by SQL DBAs in an effort to help prevent "automatic sizing" of new databases so quickly after they've been created. If you cannot modify this value, you can modify our build scripts:

if @MainLogFileSize < 25     set @MainLogFileSize = 25
          if @MainDataFileSize < 100   set @MainDataFileSize = 100
          if @PartitionDataFileSize < 100  set @PartitionDataFileSize = 100

found in CreateAnalystDatabase.sql, within the ...PharosSystems\Blueprint\Database\MSSQL\Analyst folder on the installation image.

You will also need to manage the Warehouse by modifying:

set @MainDataFileSize    = 100
          set @PartitionFileSize   = 50  --TODO Size
          set @MainLogFileSize     = 25

found in CreateWarehouseDatabase.sql, within the ..\PharosSystems\Blueprint\Database\MSSQL\Warehouse folder on the installation image.

Once changed so that a value higher than 250 is defined, you can run the installer and things should progress a bit farther.

Regards,

Scott Olswold

Pharos Systems Technical Support

Escalation Engineer, Level II