update, this occurs on x945 and t46
Direct printing works fine
but jobs don't release from Pharos
This will happen under the following circumstances:
- Blueprint 5.1 Service Pack 1.2 has been installed on the Analyst and Collectors
- The device is unable to respond to SNMP GET for Printer Status for any of the following reasons:
- Could be part of an SNMP Community that is something other than 'public'
- SNMP is disabled for the device
- SNMP (UDP port 161/162) is disabled at the switch, router, firewall
The corrective action is found on Page 15 of the "Blueprint 5.1 Service Pack 1.2 New Features" PDF (in the \Documentation folder) that accompanies the service pack:
Turning off printer status check
If your device does not support SNMP, the printer will be assumed to be permanently offline. It is possible to turn off/disable the status check for a device.
To turn off printer status check, do the following on ALL Blueprint servers:
- Rename or delete the ‘AssetManagement’ directory from the Secure Release Application Data directory. This directory is usually in C:\ProgramData\PharosSystems\SecureRelease\AssetManagement.
- Restart ‘Pharos Systems Secure Release Service’.
I hope that this helps.
im not at work right now, but that sounds very likley
part of the upgrade we are doing involved fixing all the pen test issues
snmp was disabled.
fingers crossed, that's all it is