12 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2014 7:14 AM by Clinton Jones

HR Ldap Import

Clinton Jones Adventurer

Hi

Please can I have some assistance with the HR ldap Importer.  I have managed to export the csv from my edited Generic HR import config file with the hrimporter  but I cant seem to get Card ID's to export or be included in the csv.  Should I have one exported HR file or two, another for identifier?

I have attached my import config file.  The card id information is located in attribute employeeID

Regards.

• Re: HR Ldap Import
          Clinton Jones Adventurer

Any ideas?

Scott Olswold Guide

Clinton,

I think that the answer lies here:

<IdentifierTranslation1>
                  <FromType Virtual="true" Default="2" LdapAttribute="employeeID">31</FromType> <!-- Card ID -->
                <FromIdentifier>30</FromIdentifier>
                <ToType Default="1">0</ToType>
                <ToIdentifier RejectRecordIfBlank="true" LdapAttribute="sAMAccountName">1</ToIdentifier>
            </IdentifierTranslation1>

You're popping LdapAttribute "employeeID" into position 31, which was previously identified as "FromType" > Virtual, so your file is roughly at odds with each other in regards to this line. You want the FromType to be virtual without trying to put the employeeID value in there (the Default="2" bit populates that this is the CardID type for Blueprint). You probably wand the employeeID (since that field holds the value stored on the user's ID badge) to populate FromIdentifier instead. Your corrected section will look like this:

<IdentifierTranslation1>
                   <FromType Virtual="true" Default="2">31</FromType> <!-- Card ID -->
                   <FromIdentifier LdapAttribute="employeeID">30</FromIdentifier>
                   <ToType Default="1">0</ToType>
                   <ToIdentifier RejectRecordIfBlank="true" LdapAttribute="sAMAccountName">1</ToIdentifier>
            </IdentifierTranslation1>

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Olswold Guide

Clinton,

Sometimes you have to rerun the command line to add the custom importer to Blueprint:

%SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe /ImportConfig=<TheNew>.importconfig PharosSystems.Blueprint.Utilities.ImportHelpers.dll

If the import still fails the addition of the employee number as a Card ID, the import will have an associated log file within C:\ProgramData\PharosSystems\Blueprint\Logs. Please attach that log file here and I'll take a look at it.

Scott

Scott Olswold Guide

Clinton,

OK, I've spent A LOT more time on this, and I think I have your issue. A virtual column was popping into the middle of the data set (which won't work), and this was causing the expected fields value to also be incorrect.

I have attached a new .importconfig file and a sample CSV file that both compiles and imports utilizing the available fields specified in the importconfig file.

Regards,

Scott

Clinton Jones Adventurer

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your time.  It’s much appreciated.

I have copied your importconfig file to the server to test.  I just opened the file to change the password for the ldap and ran it again.  I got the same results.

I don’t even get the column’s showing.

There is no log file because I have not done the import yet.  I am simply creating the csv to ensure it is correct before scheduling the import.

Kind Regards,

Scott Olswold Guide

Clayton,

No worries. Let's take a stab at this using another tool, Microsoft's CSVDE (Comma Separated Value Data Exchange; a utility available in Windows 2008 if you have Active Directory or Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services installed on the server). To use CSVDE, you must run a command prompt in Administrator mode. There's a nice article about it here (Csvde), but I'll just run through the command we want below:

CSVDE -f MySearch.csv -d "OU=Win 7,OU=Users,OU=Cape Town,OU=Southern Hemisphere,OU=.Root,DC=investecam,DC=corp" -r sAMAccountName=AAlexander -l sAMAccountName,cn,mail,department,employeeID

This looks in the specified domain (-d) within the directory for the specific user match (-r), and exports the 5 directory attributes (-l) you're looking for, and exports it in your current directory (-f) as a file named MySearch.csv. That should come up with something useful. If it doesn't, then you may want to use some type of LDAP browser (Softerra makes a good one called LDAP Browser, Softerra LDAP Browser) to determine if everything that you want is really there. The output will contain the DN, normally the fully-qualified name of the user specified in the "-r" switch.

Thanks,

Scott