2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2014 2:56 PM by Vijay Serrao

Printer queue issue

Vijay Serrao Adventurer

Uniprint 8.3 SP1 setup with different campus queues (eg. East Campus and Central Campus has a East queue and a Central queue). Has anyone encountered when someone prints at Central it starts spitting out jobs bypassing the release station on the East Campus. I had a case like this happen and witnessed it first hand where a 70 page job decided to spit out at the East campus. The packages created do not have the East campus printers so its even more baffling how it would have jumped queues this way. Also is there a way to modify the count since Pharos counts the job sent to the queue even though I physically cancelled the printer job and reset. Hope my rambling makes sense.

• Re: Printer queue issue
          Steven English Guide

Vijay,

During our remote session we determined that the problem was a case of user error as the job was released via the Pharos Remote by one of your lab admins and they simply printed the job out to the wrong printer.  As for the color pages showing up in your reports, you would need to make sure that the driver you are using strips the color from the job since it appears that the reports are based off of the attributes of the job itself regardless of whether it was released to a monochrome printer.

Regards,

Steven