5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 5:16 PM by Steven English

Pharos Reports Error 515

Michael Tambash Newbie

reporteror.jpg

Why do I get this error? It started happening after I updated to Version 8.3.7184.184.

• Re: Pharos Reports Error 515
          Steven English Guide

Michael,

Did you remember to upgrade the Pharos Reports program as well?  Depending on what version you upgraded from, it may be that the files have not yet been updated and are referencing db fields that have been renamed or moved in 8.3.  If you have not rebooted since upgrading, try that, otherwise check on the CD image (8.3.7184 Uniprint 8.3\MainCD\sysmgmt\reports\standard) and see if the PrinterTransactions.rpt file there is the same as the one in your install path (64-bit Default = C:\Program Files (x86)\Pharos\Reports\Standard).

Regards,

Steven

Michael Tambash Newbie

I have rebooted and I checked the CD image and the only difference is the date created. Dated created on the CD image is 8/14/2013 and the date on my c drive is 8/15/2013, both have a date modified of 6/14/2012.

Thank you for your response,

Michael

Steven English Guide

Michael,

Did you check the version number of the Pharos Reports executable as well?  In order to triangulate whether the issue is specific to the server (db) or the application/installation, can you try installing Pharos Reports on another machine, or running it directly from the server?

Regards,

Steven

Michael Tambash Newbie

Hi Steven,

Yes, I checked the executable and they match. My co-worker can run it on his desktop and the admin can run it on the server. Should I do a clean install? I did an update, left the old version and installed 8.3 over the top.

Steven English Guide

Yeah, I would probably just uninstall it, reboot, and then reinstall it.  Make sure you are logged in as an administrator, and to be overly cautious you might consider temporarily disabling any AV software you have running.  It is pretty much guaranteed to be an environmental issue on your machine, but when I can't get something to work, I don't especially care who's fault it is.  :-)

Regards,

Steven