2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 9:03 AM by Kevin Boutelle

Exporting Employee Information

Kevin Boutelle Wayfarer

Is there a document/procedure that I can use to export employee information from Blueprint? I need all of the employee information that I have in the employee section (names, locations, card ID's, etc).

• Re: Exporting Employee Information
          Scott Olswold Guide

Kevin,

There is no inbuilt report within Blueprint to get you this information. However, a quick SQL query will get you where you need to go:

USE psbprint

GO

SELECT    riv.FullName, riv.EmailAddress, riv.PhoneNumber, riv.Position, riv.EmployeeType,

riv.Manager, riv.DepartmentName, riv.DepartmentGroupName, riv.LocationGroupName,

riv.BuildingName, riv.FloorName, riv.RoomName, riv.Country, riv.State,

riv.City, riv.PostalCode, i.IdentifierData as CardID

FROM      Identifiers i INNER JOIN RootIdentifiersView riv ON i.RootIdentifierId = riv.IdentifierId

WHERE     i.IdentifierType = 2

GO

This query will support a "root" identifier of Employee or Network to provide some flexibility depending on how you've organized your Blueprint "Employee" view, and constrains it to return a result only when the Identifiers table showed the "card" type so that only one row per root record is returned (otherwise you can get up to three, since there are 3 IdentifierType values: 0 = Employee, 1 = Network, 2 = Card). Of course, this means that it will only return records that have a corresponding linked card ID.

There is much within the RootIdentifiersView (in fact, all of the information you see in BP Admin > Employees > Employees; you just don't see the Identifiers tab info), so you can add to this query if needed. I hope that this helps.

-Scott

• Re: Exporting Employee Information
            Kevin Boutelle Wayfarer

Fantastic! Thank you!