2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 11:07 AM by Jason Hunt

Switched from 8.2 to 8.4 now users dont see there remaining quota balance on omega terminal

Jason Hunt Wayfarer

Hello, at the beginning of the year we upgraded from uniprint 8.2 to 8.4 . The switch has went fairly smooth , but a problem has shown up with our omega terminals ps200 . After the switch none of the terminals will show the student quota remaining balance after intial login to terminal. I have went thru all the release station settings, they are all set to show money but the login behavior has changed since the upgrade...

Thanks Jason

• Re: Switched from 8.2 to 8.4 now users dont see there remaining quota balance on omega terminal
          Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Jason,

Thank you for asking the question however this type of site challenge would be better served by opening a Support incident within our Support system which I believe you have already done.

Quickly speaking though the Omega PS200 Terminals will display balance information for User Purses contained within the Uniprint Database for the user or the balance from an External Billing Gateway if your site is configured to use one.

When using Cost Centers with an Omega PS150/PS200 Terminal the total accumulated balance of the Cost Center is not shown on the display.

So when you refer to "Quota" I presume this is the remaining balance that a user has in the internal database or the balance from the External Billing Gateway.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Pharos Support

Jeff Geller

• Re: Switched from 8.2 to 8.4 now users dont see there remaining quota balance on omega terminal
              Jason Hunt Wayfarer

Hello, I do have a ticket open for this issue, just figured I would post the question on the forum in case others might have an idea what might be the cause of this issue.. but it seems not to many have gone from 8.2 to 8.4 ... but your response might have helped narrow down our issue.. Mark Decker has talked with Mike Frate " he works for my company " . On the 1st of the month the sap report that runs for the jhu billing had issues... This report is run of the sequel database. There may be a issue with the database now that things have been upgraded from 8.2 to 8.4 , this may be the cause of the omega terminals work flow changing since the upgraded, since the quotas are pulled from the database...

I have a ticket open for pharos support to remote in and am waiting on contact from them...

Thanks Jason