6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 8:12 PM by Richard Post

Number of Mobile Print Printer Licenses

Gerald Rezes Tracker

Is there a way to determine the number of Mobile Print Printer licenses that I have purchases after a new license file is issued?  In Uniprint, there is the License Limits menu item that gives me all the details I want for Uniprint and SignUp.  Should the number of Mobile Print printer license also show up in that area?  Do they show up in the Mobile Print web administration interface?

Thanks

• Re: Number of Mobile Print Printer Licenses
          Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Gerald,

In response to your question, MobilePrint is licensed by the number of Users and not the number of devices.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Pharos Escalation Support

Jeff Geller

Gerald Rezes Tracker

Jeff,

That’s not how it is being sold to us through Blackboard unless some information is being miscommunicated.  We were told that we needed to purchase the base MobilePrint license that enables the MobilePrint option then $300 per printer for every printer that we want MobilePrint to have the ability to print to.  I have the base MobilePrint license install and I installed the MobilePrint webserver but I cannot print any documents.  Therefore, I wanted to know the number of printers that are enabled in MobilePrint or the number of printers my licenses support.

Any insight would be helpful.  Thanks,

-Gerald Rezes

Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Gerald,

The number of devices you are licensed for with MobilePrint is 7.

Q: Is there a way to determine the number of Mobile Print Printer licenses that I have purchases after a new license file is issued?

A: Not through one of the UI interfaces.

Q: Should the number of Mobile Print printer license also show up in that area?

A: Perhaps they should but they currently do not.

Q: Do they show up in the Mobile Print web administration interface?

A: They currently do not.

The only way to know how many devices you are licensed for is to inspect the .xml file that is your MobilePrint license key.  On the server you have installed MobilePrint, the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\PharosSystems\MobilePrint" should contain a file called License.xml. You can open this in Notepad and at the top you should see a few XML TAGS that contain the number of licensed devices.

If you are having issues with releasing print jobs sent to MobilePrint I would suggest opening a support incident with us so we can help investigate this further.  You can also check that in Uniprint, using the Pharos Administrator, that you do not have more than 7 devices attached to the "Mobile Print Group".

Let me know if this helps.

Respectfully,

Jeff Geller

Richard Post Guide

MobilePrint is sold by device in Uniprint and sold by the user when used with Blueprint.  I can see how it can easily become confused.  We are looking to make this more consistent and easier in the upcoming releases.

A site license is also possible to purchase for use with Uniprint and the price of the license is based on the users or FTE of the university, which is still not licensed by user, just priced that way.  This is the reason we need to improve all this.  

Technical Aside :  This license key will have both fields in it so that it can be used with both products.  If you look at the XML, you may see Users=-1 (which means unlimited) and if you have asite license, you should see Devices=-1