The setup for a PS60 is the same across any manufacture/model. In effect, you will simply configure the 5765 for DHCP (so that it obtains its address from the PS60), but provide it the necessary machine/host name and DNS credentials for your network.
Thanks Scott for the reply, unfortunately there must be something else to the setup of the new copier. Whenever a user prints to the device the only thing that comes out is this message:
"The job was deleted due to invalid accounting ID's"
Walk up copying/scanning works fine. Something about the config has affected printing and I can't figure it out. I've compared the setup on this new device to one that is right next to it (a 5665) that works fine in all aspects and I can't see where the difference is. They both communicate with the same Blueprint Collector so I'm at a loss.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
That means that between the driver and the copier (actually, at either, or both endpoints), Xerox Accounting has been configured or is otherwise in a state where it thinks it is configured.
To begin, ensure that the driver you're using to get to the printer isn't configured for accounting. The below image is for a WorkCentre 5855, but the interface should be similar:
You'll want that "System" option under Accounting set to None.
At the device (or through CentreWare Web), you must also "unconfigure" any Accounting function. This is generally found within Properties > Accounting > Xerox Standard Accounting > Manage Accounting (Xerox Standard Accounting) within CentreWare Web.
The menu's are just enough different between the 5665 and 5765 that I missed one accounting config step. Once I made that change last night with the help of Pharos tech support all is well.
I had a feeling that I had missed a step somewhere but after going through the documentation I had three times, I just couldn't find it on my own.
Since I mentioned them I just want to say that the Pharos tech support crew was very helpful and quite courteous of my time. They went far out of their way to assist me with an issue that we all knew from the outset was not truly a Pharos problem but one of a copier configuration issue.
I'm glad that the "whole team effort" approach worked well for you!