5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 9:15 PM by Scott Olswold

Question on setup instructions for Xerox WorkCentre 5765

Kevin Boutelle Wayfarer

We just had one of our Workcentre 56xx machines replaced with a 5765, our first of this model. Can someone point me to documentation for configuring this machine with our Pharos terminal?

WorkCentre 5765 Info:

System Software Version:     061.132.221.21403

Pharos info:

Terminal Model:     PS-60

• Re: Question on setup instructions for Xerox WorkCentre 5765
          Scott Olswold Guide

Kevin,

The setup for a PS60 is the same across any manufacture/model. In effect, you will simply configure the 5765 for DHCP (so that it obtains its address from the PS60), but provide it the necessary machine/host name and DNS credentials for your network.

Regards,

Scott

Kevin Boutelle Wayfarer

Thanks Scott for the reply, unfortunately there must be something else to the setup of the new copier. Whenever a user prints to the device the only thing that comes out is this message:

"The job was deleted due to invalid accounting ID's"

Walk up copying/scanning works fine. Something about the config has affected printing and I can't figure it out. I've compared the setup on this new device to one that is right next to it (a 5665) that works fine in all aspects and I can't see where the difference is. They both communicate with the same Blueprint Collector so I'm at a loss.

Scott Olswold Guide

Kevin,

That means that between the driver and the copier (actually, at either, or both endpoints), Xerox Accounting has been configured or is otherwise in a state where it thinks it is configured.

To begin, ensure that the driver you're using to get to the printer isn't configured for accounting. The below image is for a WorkCentre 5855, but the interface should be similar:

You'll want that "System" option under Accounting set to None.

At the device (or through CentreWare Web), you must also "unconfigure" any Accounting function. This is generally found within Properties > Accounting > Xerox Standard Accounting > Manage Accounting (Xerox Standard Accounting) within CentreWare Web.

1 of 1 people found this helpful