AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scripts troubleshooting help

Question asked by John Benedetto on Jul 22, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 by hsaad

I am migrating our site from Uniprint 7.2 to 8.3.

I copied over the script we use for our print cards (both cards within the Pharos system, as well as campus ID cards authenticated via the CBORD/Odyssey gateway), but cannot get past an initial error when I swipe the cards at a Print Release Station:

Script '(name of script)' [90]:name "Plugin.BillName" 'Plugin.BillName' does not exist (GetNameValue)

I have the billing gateway plugin installed on my Print server, and am pointing to the billplug.exe for billing & the script for logon within the BANK setup of the bank I am using, but cannot get further than the error I list above.

I suspect (hope) there is some basic step I am missing, and figured I would post this.  I have found the scripting primer in the pharos help .CHM file (as mentioned at [Pharos Interfaces API for Plug-in Scripts ~ Chris Towles' Blog]) as well as looking through docs like the New Features & Configuration guides.  I was hoping to test the script far enough to be able to give my boss an honest appraisal of whether or not we need to contract outside help to get us going on this.

Can anyone identify the problem preventing me from getting further in my testing, or even point me in a good direction for some Pharos scripting troubleshooting help?

Outcomes