5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 4:06 PM by hsaad

Scripts troubleshooting help

John Benedetto Adventurer

I am migrating our site from Uniprint 7.2 to 8.3.

I copied over the script we use for our print cards (both cards within the Pharos system, as well as campus ID cards authenticated via the CBORD/Odyssey gateway), but cannot get past an initial error when I swipe the cards at a Print Release Station:

Script '(name of script)' [90]:name "Plugin.BillName" 'Plugin.BillName' does not exist (GetNameValue)

I have the billing gateway plugin installed on my Print server, and am pointing to the billplug.exe for billing & the script for logon within the BANK setup of the bank I am using, but cannot get further than the error I list above.

I suspect (hope) there is some basic step I am missing, and figured I would post this.  I have found the scripting primer in the pharos help .CHM file (as mentioned at [Pharos Interfaces API for Plug-in Scripts ~ Chris Towles' Blog]) as well as looking through docs like the New Features & Configuration guides.  I was hoping to test the script far enough to be able to give my boss an honest appraisal of whether or not we need to contract outside help to get us going on this.

Can anyone identify the problem preventing me from getting further in my testing, or even point me in a good direction for some Pharos scripting troubleshooting help?

• Re: Scripts troubleshooting help
          Wayfarer

John,

I raised the issue you are experiencing to the development team and it can happen due to putting billing scripts on a logon plug-in or it can be related to a specific environment.  Due to the significant difference between Uniprint 7.2 and 8.3, I encourage you to contact Pharos support to get the help you need.

John Benedetto Adventurer

Thanks Hany.
              That was it exactly - billing script on a logon plug-in.  (A rookie mistake I admit, even though it is embarrassing to say so...)

Trying to find out information on Pharos scripting is making me think of long ago guilds, where trade information was kept as highly guarded secrets!  There is very little information out there, and it has been very difficult to find.

As far as contacting support, I have, and was told that it is billable; unfortunately, I have to take anything like that up through the ranks for approval. That is why I posted this here, hoping to leverage expertise of the community, not realizing that my request would be marked "answered" by a Pharos employee with the response "contact tech support".

Wayfarer

John,

I am glad the issue has been resolved for you and as I mentioned, the Uniprint development team looked at the problem and provided feedback to what maybe causing it.  Other than this, the feedback was to contact Pharos support because this problem can be related to specific environment and it need to be checked out.  This is why I marked the question as answered while I am watching if you have other questions or feedback.

Thanks for your feedback.

Jason Pelletier Tracker

You marked this as answered, did you find the solution to your specific question?

Wayfarer

Jason,

Community questions can be marked as answered by the user placing the question and by Pharos.  For this question I did mark as answered because it require other service that Pharos offer.  On the other hand, other questions can follow and we will continue to provide answers when needed.  Of course we also encourage other community members
                    to participate and enrich everyone with their experience.  When a question starts to be more like a discussion, Pharos may change it to discussion and this serve the purpose of the community.