5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 11:17 AM by Jeff Geller

Cant remote into principal server from pharos station

Wayfarer

Hi,

I can remote into my principle server form a queue station pc and a client pc( when logged on as Administrator).  But when trying to log into  my database server from a signup pc, I get an error stating my Username or password in incorrect. Is this normal with Uniprint version 8.3?

• Re: Cant remote into principal server from pharos station
          Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Steve,

There are no restrictions to using RDP from a Windows client to a Windows server when the client machine has our Signup client installed. This sounds to me like you may need to use prefix the account name your attempting to use with the domain such as "domain\username". It is also possible that the credentials you are using may not have permissions to RDP to the SQL Server.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Pharos Support

Jeff Geller

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Wayfarer

I can use the servername\username credentials to logon to my main DB from any PC on the LAN like you stated.    I reach the same logon page.  The only difference is that from any PC setup as  a Pharos Signup Station, using the same credentials,  will not allow me to logon. Its weird.  I've tried different  Branch Pharos Signup Stations around the city and they  all allow me to reach the DB logon page but wont accept the Credentials.  All PC's setup as Pharos Clients and Queue Stations reach that same server logon page and will accept the credentials

Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Steve,

I am a little confused based on your terminology I think.

"The only difference is that from any PC setup as  a Pharos Signup Station"

I am not sure what you mean by Pharos Signup Station, a machine is running either the Signup client software or the PC Station software.

"All PC's setup as Pharos Clients and Queue Stations reach that same server logon page and will accept the credentials"

Pharos Clients are machines with the Signup client software installed that overrides the Windows GINA in XP to show a Pharos Logon dialog. Queue Stations are Windows PC's running Internet Explorer pointing to the Queue Station URL to display the status of the Signup Queue.

For the login failure, is it the standard Credentials are incorrect or some other error?

I have available to me a Windows 2008 R2 server that hosts an instance of SQL on it. I used my WIndows XP client that is running the Signup Client and after logging into the Signup Client using the Signup Administrative login, I am able to RDP to the SQL instance.

Thanks,

Jeff Geller