2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2013 10:33 AM by Josh Wacholz

Wondering where to define settings for Extended Sessions

Josh Wacholz Wayfarer

I know that I can toggle yes or no for computer groups to be allowed extended sessions.  I am wondering where I can define a limit on the minutes used for extended sessions or the number of times sessions can be extended? 

• Re: Wondering where to define settings for Extended Sessions
          Daniel Johns Tracker

The Help contains a page titled "Extending Sessions" (linked to from the description of the "Can Extend Sessions" property in the page on configuring Computer Groups) that describes extended sessions.

There are no settings specifically for Extended Sessions, apart from whether or not to allow them at all.  Extended sessions are intended for those who believe that someone should be able to use a computer for a long time if nobody else wants it; if you allow Extended Sessions at all then SignUp provides no way to set a speficic maximum duration on a per-session basis.  One thing you can do is to set the "Maximum Use Time per Day" property of a User Group; Extended Sessions are not exempt from this particular limit.  (I don't understand the part about "the number of times sessions can be extended".)