9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2015 5:12 PM by Katherine Baynton

One Page Job Charges As Two Sided Print

Timothy Grzeczka Pioneer

I've had a few users with this issue. It seems all of them are printing a HTML page from Internet Explorer. I tried this myself and it does happen. The one page file changes them for a two page duplex job. This is how the transaction looks:

1 page(s) of "612x792,Letter,Mono,Duplex,Collate"; 1 page(s) of "612x792,Letter,Blank,Duplex,Collate" billed at .16 cents total (8 cents a side)

When I do the same job in Firefox is does this:

1 page(s) of "612x792,Letter,Mono,Simplex,Collate" billed at .10 cents a page (simplex since there wasn't two pages)

My inital thought was it is IE vs Firefox rendering it. Any other ideas?

• Re: One Page Job Charges As Two Sided Print
          Katherine Baynton Ranger

IE can add a blank page to a single-sided duplex job.

You can stop the blank page from being counted by altering a registry entry in Uniprint:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pharos\Page Counter\

entry:  No Blank Pages.

set this to 1 in order for blank pages to be disregarded

(in 8.2, you can set this to 2, so that only blank pages at the end of the job are ignored - blank pages within a job will be charged at mono cost)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: One Page Job Charges As Two Sided Print

Good day Timothy,

This issue is a Microsoft issue with HTML files (from IE or Outlook...) when your printer is set by default in 2-sided print, this is the solution:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
            2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl

1. On the Edit menu, click New, click Key, and then type FEATURE_DONT_PAD_DUPLEX_PRINTING_KB889333.
            2. Right-click FEATURE_DONT_PAD_DUPLEX_PRINTING_KB889333, click New, click DWORD Value, and then type iexplore.exe.
            3. Right-click iexplore.exe, click Modify, type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
            4. Exit Registry Editor.

Regards