AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating a 64 Bit driver on 2003 Server

Question asked by Brad Stettler on Apr 19, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 19, 2013 by Michael Ward

I've read Article ID:1522 which I post below.  I need a little more info though.  I'm getting an error when I try to install a 64 Bit driver on the 32 but 2003 OS, as I would expect.  How do you get past the error stating that the driver was not designed for a 32 bit system?

Installing 64 bit print drivers on a 32 bitserver

Published 07/31/2009 10:38 AM   |    Updated 04/06/2011 01:38 PM
Article ID:1522

Pharos Client Installation Packages created on a 32-bit server OS can be created to include both 32 and 64 bit drivers. In order to do this you will first need to install the64-bit driver onto the 32-bit operating system.

Once the drivers are installed Pharos can make use of both 32 and 64-bit drivers when creating client  installation packages.

Provided your server runs at least Windows 2003 Server with Service Pack 2, installing64-bit printers is a simple process.

Run the "Add Printer" wizard, and install a printer with the 64-bit driver. Once installed you can delete this printer object, the driver will remain on the server.

Next, select the Spool/Held Queue object that you want to have 32/64-bit support, right click on the object and select properties. Once properties is open, select the "Sharing" tab and the "Additional Drivers" button. If the 64-bit driver installed is the correct version you'll be able to add it to the list (check it).

Repeat the process with the Printer Queue object.

Build or re-build the Pharos Installation Package normally and both 32/64-bit options will be available.

Outcomes