3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2013 3:14 PM by Owen Dickenson

Idea on values that can be passed by the interface for plugin.source

Owen Dickenson Newbie

Hi,
      I'm currently working on updating our logon plugin for use with a Pharos Uniprint/Off the Glass  v8.2 installation.

Looking at the help documentation, I can see that the logon plugin has the following interfaces:

PlugIn.Event string ; Plug-in event name ("Logon")

PlugIn.Result bool ; INPUT/OUTPUT: Plug-in result (default is true, i.e. success)

PlugIn.Error string ; OUTPUT: Plug-in error message (if plug-in fails)

PlugIn.Operation string ; the operation attempted when the plug-in was executed

PlugIn.Server string ; the name of the server

PlugIn.Client string ; the name of the client (if any, e.g. Pharos Station)

PlugIn.UserName string ; INPUT/OUTPUT: user account to check (replacement account name, if changed)

PlugIn.Password string ; user's password to check

PlugIn.Level string ; e.g. "User", "Cashier", "Proctor" or "Administrator"

PlugIn.Source string; Source of the identity input, such as CardReader, Keyboard etc.

I'm trying to code something that will do AuthN against our Active Directory, along with a few other things. Its likely that we will want to do AD authN and use use card readers as well at a later date.

The Plugin.Source values look like the could be interesting to me for this purpose, but I'm struggling to find how the values that are passed are defined.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Owen.

• Re: Idea on values that can be passed by the interface for plugin.source
          Nic Meadows Ranger

Hi Owen,

We have had very little luck using PlugIn,Source in the past, it is more often than not not populated. I have recently found out that it is only likely to be populated by devices that use the EDI call LoginUser2 (available from Uniprint v8.0) Earlier versions of the iMFP software (and even some recent ones) are using LoginUser rather than LoginUser2, which doesn't provide this information. Therefore the PlugIn.Source is not particularly reliable.

Typically the return results are "Keyboard" and "CardReader"

Regards

Nic

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Idea on values that can be passed by the interface for plugin.source
            Paul Klump Wayfarer

Owen,

You could add various instances of the IO.PrintLine command throughout your script to determine of the value of the PlugIn.Source interface:

Example:

IO.PrintLine("*** This is the current value of PlugIn.Source: " + PlugIn.Source);

...  Some other code

IO.PrintLine("*** This is the current value of PlugIn.Source after my code block: " + PlugIn.Source);

If you have logging turned on, you should see the output turning up in the logs. You could disperse them throught the script to determine as necessary to see if the value of Plugin.Source changes during the login.

Paul

1 of 1 people found this helpful