3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 2:18 PM by Jim Conroy

Restrict the number of pages customers can print per queue

Hi All,

We have one queue in Pharos (version 8.2) which has job cost method set to print for free (cost set to $0). Now we want to restrict the users to print only few pages for free.  Is there a way to limit the number of pages a customer can print in a job per queue?

Thanks

Chandna

• Re: Restrict the number of pages customers can print per queue
          Edmund Greene Wayfarer

This is possible with a script.  If you are familiar with scripting languages, it is pretty easy.

I have one that I used at one time.  It makes it possible to limit the pages printed on a single queue, or multiple queues.

I have attached the script I used as an example.  You can have different page limites on different queues.

What happens is a user prints normally, but when they attempt to release the job they get the error message you program into the script at the bottom on the screen and they aren't allowed to release the job.

If you have questions about implementing it, let me know.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Jim Conroy Adventurer

This is great, thanks for the information.  I plan on trying to implement this.

Jim Conroy Adventurer

OK this script works great on my UniPrint 8.2 I just needed to attach the script to the Print Process as below from the Help

Print Services

Plug-ins are attached to Print Services at System > Server Configuration.

To attach a plug-in to a Print Service, click the editing button at the end of the Plug-ins field. This opens a Plug-ins dialog:

1. Select the event to attach a plug-in to.
                  2. Select a Pharos Script or an executable plug-in, depending on the type of plug-in being used.
                    1. If the plug-in is a Pharos Script, select the name of the plug-in from the Plug-in Name combo box.
                    2. If the plug-in is an executable, enter the path to the plug-in directly into the Plug-in Name field, or select <Executable Plug-in...> from the combo box to browse for the plug-in.
                  3. Click OK to close the dialog and save your changes.