1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2013 2:56 PM by Katherine Baynton

Issues with IE charging users incorrectly.

Kaisha Prochaska Adventurer

So my issue is this... we have a library where students print using pharos, but here lately we have noticed that if a student prints say yahoo home page from IE pharos charges them .20 (our fees are .10 single sided b&w, .18 double sided b&w), it will show the job as one sheet but 2 pages and does not give the .02 discount.  Now printing the same thing in firefox works correctly.  I have checked in the print preview and even if the IE page is saying one page in the preview it still shows as the double sided job in Pharos and charges incorrectly.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• Re: Issues with IE charging users incorrectly.
          Katherine Baynton Ranger

Hi Kaisha

IE has a tendency to put an extra page onto single-page jobs if they are printed duplex - which would go part way to explaining why you are getting the charge for two pages.

The charging behaviour for the two pages, and what you can do to alter this, will be somewhat dependent on the version of Uniprint you are running (plus what other configuration settings you may already have).

However, in the first instance, you can set the system to not charge for the second (blank) page by altering the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pharos\Page Counter\

Set 'No Blank Pages' to 1

I hope this helps.

Katherine