6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2013 12:15 PM by kwarburton

Adding a new printer to the current set up

Wayfarer

I am new to Pharos and am inheriting the server and its setup from someone else.  We are running 8.1, I believe.

Recently, I had reason to need to add a new printer and release station to an additional area on our campus, and I was able to figure out how to add it to the Pharos Administrator software pretty easily.  I was also able to figure out that I needed to configure the node on the Pharos BB TIA Gateway and then start/stop the Pharos BB service for the system to fully recognize the printer.

The problem I'm having now is that the system appears to print a job (removes it from the queue and charges for it), but it never comes out on the printer.  I've double checked all the printer settings and checked to make sure the Pharos settings are all consistent.

Any ideas on what I am missing?

• Re: Adding a new printer to the current set up
          Scott Copus Adventurer

Bypassing Uniprint, what happens when you just print a regular Windows test page print directly to the destination printer?  Does it work?

Through Uniprint, if you configure that release station to print to an already-existing/working printer, does it work?

Good luck,
          Scott

1 of 1 people found this helpful

I had this same exact problem last week and it came down to the new Canon MFD not having PCL installed.  It expected UFRII print drivers, which our clients don't have.  When I explained the symptoms to support, they said it was driver related.  They were right.

Wayfarer

I had to Change my print processor to winprint and set it to raw printing. The problem I had was when I released the job from the que, It just disappeared

Wayfarer

Hi All,

Thanks for all your input.  I made sure to do the "change control" and looked for alerts, but couldn't find anything.  I know for sure that it isn't the driver, because the same driver is installed on all my working units.  Over winter break, we got in some new machines and replaced some printers.  So, I have a number of printers already working in Pharos that were left over, and decided to add one to a new location that didn't previously exist.  Therefore, the printer isn't "new" from the standpoint that it is something we hadn't had on the system before.

But, it is new from the standpoint that I needed to add a new name and number according to our naming convention, and it is an "extra" or additional "new" printer and release station.  Our release stations are all imaged the same, so the release station I added is exactly the same as all the others, except it has a different netbios name.  Same with the printer - we have a bunch of these types of printers already on the system and it worked perfectly before.

When I added these two items to the Pharos system, I just copied a release station and printer so all the settings were the same, and then changed the names and attached them to each other accordingly.  That's why I'm so perplexed.  I feel like there is something else I'm missing in the process, but so far haven't been able to determine what that is.

If anyone has anymore suggestions based on the extra detail I've included here, I'd love to hear it.  I've also placed a call to Pharos and am waiting on a callback.

Thanks again!