AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mac Popup client won't work with Epson Inkjet Pro

Question asked by Charles Myers on Apr 18, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2013 by bdmorgan

Has anyone used Epson Stylus Pro 4000, 4800 or 4900 inkjet printers with Pharos popup?

I have installed the Popup 8.1 and installed the correct software drivers and configured the Pharos print queues that were created by our IT department.

When I use the Print command from any application, the Popup pops up immediately, before I even have a chance to change the print settings, set the tray settings, paper type etc.

Apparently it is some bi-directional communication issue, where the Epson driver is sending a Supplies Levels command to the printer when I open the Print dialog. Then, when clicking the actual Print button, the Popup comes up again. Users would be confused with that.

Pharos support recommends disabling bi-directional communication, but that is not an option I can get to in System Preferences; Printer Setup cannot execute because Pharos queue is interfering.

I tried Epson support but have not had a response yet, and I doubt they support Pharos printing queues.

So just thought I'd ask for some suggestions before I see if Pharos will refund our fees.

Outcomes