2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2013 3:19 PM by Bruce McPhee

Setting up a Xerox MFP to make it an iMFP

David Dudding Wayfarer

We are piloting Pharos and would like to turn a Xerox MFP into an iMFP device and are wondering if anyone has done this themselves and how difficult it is, if at all.  We have been told that Pharos recommends they do the install (at a cost), but as IT folk we would like to do this ourselves (and avoid the cost).  Does the purchase come with complete instructions or did you have to consult with Pharos?  Are you pleased with the functionality of the integrated device over one using an Omega PS200 attached?  Thanks for any feedback.

• Re: Setting up a Xerox MFP to make it an iMFP
          Timothy Grzeczka Pioneer

I can't speak for the ease of the install for the Xerox brand but I CAN speak for the great documentation that came from Pharos for the Canon iMFP install. We have about 10 iMFP enabled Canon iR3245s on campus doing secure release for two different print queues with LDAP authentication. I did all but one of them myself (the first one I did with the Pharos installer here on deployment day). The directions are great and the install was pretty simple.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Setting up a Xerox MFP to make it an iMFP
            Bruce McPhee Wayfarer

I have implemented the iMFP(PSX) on the WC5745 and WC7120 xerox MFD's. The install intructions are straight forward as the install on the Pharos side is similar to an Omega PS150/200. There are a couple of settings on the Printers Web Page which are easy to Follow. Using the PSX and the printers UI makes a much neater install as there is less wiring. We initially had some issues with the PSX firmware which Pharos quickly upgraded. We are running 1.1.4(10349). If you are using Cost Centres please check that the cost are been allocated to the Cost centre. We had it that if the user does not select the cost centre on the iMFP it charges to their personal account. We have a small SQL update script that runs to update this to the users default Cost centre if it was not allocated. All in all I like the iMFP even though I had some resistance from the users as they had been using Omegas for about 5 years. They felt that it responds a bit slower than the Omegas.

1 of 1 people found this helpful