7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 3:23 PM by Steven English

Failing Installers on Win7 computers

This problem pertains to computers not on the domain (to mimic the machines that students at my college would have). Hopefully this is the right section for the forum.

The issue we are working with is that on Windows 7 machines (both 32 and 64 bit), not on the domain, the initial install of the package fails. We were then playing around with the machines and tried installing another networked printer in the IT dept (not using Pharos), this went through so we again attempted to install the Pharos package and it installed just fine. Working with more computers, this method works again and again on all windows 7 machines, with all failing the initial install.

The installs all fail at the same point in the installation. I've attached the controller log.

Just trying to get some ideas as to what some potential issues may be, I am leaning towards this being a port issue but I'm not certain.

I am probably going to end up calling Pharos Support if we can't find a quicker solution.

Best, Jesse V., Trinity College