1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 3:11 PM by Paul van Wichen

Automating the user import process

David Jewett Wayfarer

Currently we pull Pharos user data from Peoplesoft each semester - I run a manual PS query that is exported to Excel and then massaged into a CSV format that Pharos can import using the Batch Load function.  Recently we're looking at modifying which data is exported to Pharos on the Peoplesoft side, and the developer working on the project asked me if there was any way to automate the import process on the Pharos side.  I poked around in the DB a bit with Toad but I could not see any stored procedures relating to the user import process.  Is there a way to automate the user import process?

• Re: Automating the user import process
          Paul van Wichen Newbie

Hi David,

The "Batch Load" function in the Administrator actually calls a command line tool "userload.exe". If the developer can automatically format the PeopleSoft data into the CSV format, you could then call the "userload.exe" to load the CSV file without needing use the Administrator. More information about the userload.exe command line options is included in the Pharos Help files (which you can access by pressing F1 while in the Admin itself).

We usually recommend using the user CSV format rather than direct database calls since the CSV format is fairly consistent between Uniprint versions.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Paul.