2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2019 12:31 PM by Jeff Geller

Database Name for Uniprint's SQL Database

Paul LaFollette Guide

Can the SQL Database used by Uniprint have a database name other than "Pharos"?

I'm building new servers with the intention to use them to replace our production Uniprint systems.  While building the new servers, I need a place for the SQL database to reside and we normally have out SQL database residing on a SQL server (instead of the Uniprint "primary" server).  The SQL server admins (when I requested a place for the new server's SQL database) asked if the new server's database could reside on the same server but as a different database name.

Thanks,

- Paul L.

• Re: Database Name for Uniprint's SQL Database
          Jeff Herald Guide

Paul,

Yes, the Pharos database can have a different name other than 'pharos'.  There is only one issue I am aware of with doing that, and it has to do with using the TLS 1.2 security protocol (as the only enforced protocol) and Pharos Reports.  You can read more in the Uniprint 9.0 Installation and Planning Guide (see page 38-39).  If you have that combination, then you will need to contact Pharos Support and ask that we supply a set of reports that will work with the new database name, that's all.

Uniprint 9.1 Planning and Installation Guide

-Jeff

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Paul LaFollette Guide

Jeff Herald,

In this thread Difficulty installing new Uniprint server , I was able to do a new installation with a new database, but the new database has a different name ("pharos0") instead of "pharos".  I assume, since the new installation is using database "pharos0" and I have no system using the copied database (named "pharos") that I should be able to safely removed the copied database named "pharos".

After removing the copied database named "pharos", what is the best procedure for me to change the name of the new database named "pharos0" to be "pharos"?  (and thus avoid any future issues)

Many Thanks,

- Paul L.

Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Paul,

After you rename the actual SQL database to something different, in your case from "pharos0" to "pharos", then you need to update the registry key on the server hosting the "Pharos Database Service". That key is below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Pharos\Database Server\Database

Then restart the "Pharos Database Service" which will restart a number of other services.

-Jeff

1 of 1 people found this helpful