7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 11:06 AM by David Kahn

Google Cloud Print A4 default paper size

David Kahn Wayfarer

Hi All,

We are noticing that when our customers use Google Cloud Print and upload to the Google Cloud Print Pharos Queue, the default paper size settings (in Google Chrome) the default paper size is set to A4....ideally we would want standard letter size. Screen shot attached. Has anyone seen this and know how to set resolve it?

Thanks everyone.

Dave

• Re: Google Cloud Print A4 default paper size
          Jeff Herald Guide

Hi David,

Let me update my previous message.  It looks like we do set that setting when creating the queue in Google.  Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any way to change it in Google after the queue is created.  Let me look into this a little more, and get back to you.  Stay tuned...

-Jeff Herald - Pharos Systems

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Paul LaFollette Guide

Interesting problem.

For us, nearly all of our printers are HP brand, and they are typically set to "override" A4 with Letter size, thus A4 documents print without any issues on Letter size paper in the printers.  There are still some anomolies that can occur, but it works for us.

It isn't a fix, but as a workaround, might such a setting be helpful?

Thanks,

- Paul L.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              David Kahn Wayfarer

Hi All,

Just an update to what we finally decided to do to work around this.

After working with Pharos, who was great, as well as taking some of the suggestions on this thread....

Our final solution is to allow our top requested document sizes such as Executive, Custom, A4, Comm10 (and a few others) at the mobile print level as well as set each of the printers paper tray settings to allow for any size.  We also turned on the A4/Override which is on most of our HP printers.

We tested each of our allowed sizes after making the above mentioned "tweaks"  and found they are generally fine.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers
              Dave