6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2017 10:57 AM by Ricky Johnson

Print Error - Missing some data (Pharos Station)

Ricky Johnson Scout

I started receiving this error today on all print jobs from one server (Print job arrivwe error on job 'XXXXXX': Missing some data (Pharos Station).  This article led me in the right direction: Missing some Data error when using large format printers .

This issue for us wasn't the billing script, but the fact that the billing source (CBORD) was down for maintenance and no one decided to tell us.  The users were printing to a Direct Print queue, and I checked that the users that were trying to print did have the External Billing Offline Limit set, even though for this area their jobs have a $0.00 charge.  Any idea how to prevent this from happening in the future during CBORD outages?  My temporary workaround was to switch the Print Server bank to one without the billing script (Server Configuration > Print Server > Bank), but I'd like to be hands off during maintenance times like this.

-Ricky

• Re: Print Error - Missing some data (Pharos Station)
          Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Ricky,

It looks like you have a PrintJobArrive script that is doing a Balance call to an external gateway, would that be correct? The error indicates that a value is missing somewhere which is the value of a "Pharos Station". Without seeing the script and possibly the Pharos Print Service log file from the server this is running on I can't provide much more.

Perhaps you can open a support case with us and we can dive into this deeper.

Regards,
          Jeff Geller

Ricky Johnson Scout

Jeff,

The only scripts that we use is the "Billing - Pharos account and online solution account switching" (that is done in the Billing plug-in) and the "Logon - verifies that the supplied authentication id is valid" (done in Logon plug-in) to work with our card ID.  The only things we've changed in those scripts is the text for purse names.

-Ricky

Jeff Geller Guide

Thanks Ricky.

In older versions of the Billing script that is on our CD image there was not a check or logic of what to do when the "Pharos Station" name was not provided. There 3 sections where it was updated. If you didn't make any changes to the one you are using and it cam pretty much straight from the CD then the more recent version of it from the CD will qork quite nicely.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ricky Johnson Scout

Do I need to request that?  When I downloaded the 9.0 R2 (Uniprint (9.0R2) rev.9.0.8959.30 - GR) in January of 2017, it's the same versioned file.  Could you post it as an attachment?

Ricky

Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Ricky,

The script on the CD image you have is the latest version. Perhaps you can post the one you are using and I can have a look at it.

The relevant section in the script is below but there are several small changes throughout.

// If no release station is available (e.g. when using Direct printing or MobilePrint), 
                          // you may need to provide fallback values here, particularly when using ipbilext.exe
                          // rather than billplug.exe.
                          // The first value is a name for the machine requesting the billing (but is not actually
                          // used in most cases).  The second value is more important, and should match an appropriate
                          // station identifier for your Pharos Gateway.  For a Release Station, this is usually
                          // configured in the 'External Name' field in Pharos Administrator.
                          new sDefaultChargeFrom                 = "DirectOrWeb";
                          new sDefaultExternalStationName        = "Pharos_Terminal
                          ";

-Jeff