AnsweredAssumed Answered

MFP Pass-through Authentication (Bizhub)

Question asked by Jason Lee on Apr 16, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 by Jason Lee

I could kick myself as I have this working for one of our copiers, a Bizhub C352, for 32bit XP/Vista/WIn7 and 64bit Vista/Win7 on a Win2003 R2 x32 server.   Basically I have the device setup with the User Account/Track system that Bizhubs use (internal user listing with a passcode).  The print queue does not have it setup.   Pharos is setup to auth. to AD via LDAP Bank.  When a user prints to the Pharos printer, they auth as normal, then Pharos sends to queue which sends to device and since the device printer has the set Auth account, the print job is accepted by the copier.

Recently our primary copier has been brought down due to mechanical problems and we are waiting on parts.  We have a Bizhub C351 in reserve and I've created the device, queue and package identical settings to previous other than driver.

For some reason jobs send to this copier are failing due to the copier receiving the currently logged in user's credentials... i.e. its like the job is going directly to the printer rather than through Pharos and since we have a dedicated ID/passcode for Pharos, the job fails because individual users are not setup in User Auth/Acct Track on the copier.

I'm racking my brain and comparing property pane after pane to see what simple setting I'm over-looking, but I'm not having much luck.   Hopeing someone can slap me a V8 on what I'm missing here.  Have a support request in and if I get a resolution, will post.

BTW... for the Bizhub's to work both 64 and 32bit driver on the 32bit server, I had to alter the x64 driver inf to match the name of the x86 and then added them via the Additional Drivers button on the device (note I was not able to use the Print Mangement RSAT tool to do this as indicated in a few KB articles).

Outcomes