In the next Beacon update, scheduled for March 27th, we will be converting our default device costing data set to a new source. This change will support the global expansion of Beacon and improve the accuracy of the default street cost estimates tied to various printer models. This change will affect the costing numbers displayed in Beacon Fleet Manager and Print Analytics. but only for those devices assigned to a default cost profile.
This profile is used when you want the system to estimate your costs based on the most recent street cost information. If you would like to preserve your current default pricing, please refer to the following instructions. You will need to perform these steps before the March 27th update. If you are using actual costs (those you have entered), no change is necessary; they will not be affected by this upgrade.
Follow these steps to preserve your current default pricing:
Start with a CSV Export of your current fleet data
- In Beacon, navigate to Discover > Device Cost
- In the upper right-hand corner, select CSV Export
- Save the CSV file. You will need it after the Beacon costing data update is complete.
- This file will contain all your fleet information, including Existing CPP Color and Existing CPP mono for each device.
After the Beacon Update on March 31st, Import Device Cost
- After the Beacon update is complete, navigate to Discover > Device Cost.
- Click the Import button in the upper left-hand corner.
- Choose the CSV file that you created.
- Map the information appropriately:
- You only need to map Serial Number, MAC Address, Manufacturer, Existing CPP Color and Existing CPP Mono.
- You do need to map the other fields (they will not be updated).
- You can also select the Preview tab to verify your mapping.
- Select OK.
NOTE: USB attached devices (local devices) do not have Serial Numbers in Beacon and will not update. An error will appear for each local device.