We're happy to announce the release of Blueprint Enterprise 5.3! This important update introduces new technologies to improve system performance, reduce your IT infrastructure, and provide more insights into your print environment—all with the latest in security standards! It has never been easier to make your printing operations more secure, cost-effective, and user-friendly.
Here's a look at what's new:
- Simplify your print infrastructure: You can now hold print jobs at the workstation level prior to release. This secure printing option allows you to eliminate print servers and it significantly reduces the impact that slow network speed can impose on remote/branch offices. It also makes it easier to enable secure printing workflows in restricted-access network segments.
- Easily manage your device fleet via the cloud: With the optional Beacon Fleet Manager API integration, you can visualize your organization's entire printer fleet in the cloud. Automatically track device meter data, toner levels, costs, total print volume and more. Fleet Manager (shown here) continually gathers information from your network printers for analysis and reporting. You can also import this information into Blueprint for custom reports.
- Simple browser-based troubleshooting: Resolving issues in your print environment has never been easier, and you don't need to log into a server for routine troubleshooting information.
- Apply your organization's colors and graphics into Print Center: The new Theme tab in Print Center makes it easy to customize the Print Center UI to match your organization’s branding.
- Get the support information you need: You can now search the event log by server group and time zone, and you can write health tests to a CSV file using the Blueprint server configuration tool.
- Leverage the latest security standards: Blueprint Enterprise 5.3 supports IPPS for print job delivery and mobile printing is secured using TLS 1.2.
- Easily track server performance: The new System Monitor (shown here) makes it easy to verify the overall health of the Blueprint system and the Windows components that may affect printing operations.
- Control which applications to track: You can now configure application tracking in one of two modes: you can include a specific list of applications, or you can track printing from all applications except for specific applications you wish to exclude.
- Get the most out of your mobile printing workflows: MobilePrint is now more secure than ever, with support added for TLS 1.2. You can also print PDFs with handwriting annotations, and emailed PDFs are checked for security restrictions.
For more details on these and other new features and improvements, please refer to the Blueprint Enterprise 5.3 documentation here:
To obtain the software, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay up to date with the Pharos blog and our regional events and webinars!