As of February 2019, Pharos Beacon released Email Based Authentication, allowing users to register their email address with the system and create a PIN to log in at the Printer. This allowed IT administrators to install Sentry Print Services on servers not attached to a local active directory system, allowing Sentry Print Services to be used by customers that do not have a local Active Directory.
In May 2019 we discovered a bug in the installation process that prevented Sentry Print Services from being installed on a computer not attached to a domain. As of May 27, 2019 we have patched the system to correct this error and allow the software to be installed on a machine not attached to a domain.
Installing on a Non-Domain Attached Server
- Uninstall the Device Scout and HP Secure Print Service (if previously installed).
- Download and install a new Device Scout.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Secure Print Service\App_Data
- Open generalSettings.config
- Enter the following two lines before </generalSettings>.
<add key="enableLDAPSupport" value="false" />
<add key="useCloudAuthentication" value="true" />
- Save the file. (Note: Saving this file may require administrator privileges.)
- Start the HP Secure Print Service.
- Search for Services using the native Windows Search.
- Find HP Secure Print Service in the list of services.
- Select the service, right click and select Start.
- The service should run as normal.
Component Release Versions:
Secure Print Site Service