You can use the Microsoft Power BI desktop to extract data and import it to Power BI Desktop for manipulation.
Note: Before you can import data via Power BI, you must first enable this feature. See Connecting to the API to extract data
Importing Data via Power BI
To extract data using Power BI.
- Launch the Power BI Desktop.
- From the Home ribbon, click Get Data. This opens a list of data types/sources.
- Select All, scroll down and locate Web and then click Connect.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Advanced.
a) In the URL parts, paste the URL part of the HTTP request.
- Device Meter Data - This is the URL for the Beacon server where the device meter data can be extracted from. This is typically in the form: https://api.beacon.pharos.com/ReportApi/Reports/Meters
- Print Transactions Data - This is the URL for the Beacon server where the print transactions data can be extracted from. This is typically in the form: https://api.beacon.pharos.com/ReportApi/Reports/PrintJobs/<YYYY-MM-DD>/<YYYY-MM-DD>
- Monthly Print Data - This is the URL for the Beacon server where the monthly print data can be extracted from. This is typically in the form: https://api.beacon.pharos.com/ReportApi/Reports/MonthlyPrintJobs/<YYYY-MM>/<YYYY-MM>
b) Enter the HTTP request header parameters.
- In the first field, select Authorization from the drop-down list box.
In the second field, type in bearer and then paste the Authorization Key.
- Click OK. After connecting to the Beacon server, you will see the extracted data.