Printers must be secured to make them part of the Secure Print system.
- For Mobile or/and On-screen options, printers are secured from the Secure Printers screen.
- SR25 hardware devices are secured automatically by attaching the SR25 hardware to the printer.
Securing printers for Mobile and on-screen options
Note: When you secure a printer, a Secure Print App is installed on the printer.
To secure printers:
- Go to the Secure > Secure Printers screen.
- Click the check box for each printer you want to secure.
- Click the Secure Printers button. This opens the Secure Printers dialog box.
- In the Secure Printers dialog box, enable the release types you want for the selected printers.
- Select the desired Available Release Types using the right arrow button. Remove release types by selecting them and using the left arrow button.
- Click the Secure button and then click OK to complete the process.
- The Status of the selected printer(s) will be updated to “Secured” if one or more release types are enabled.
- Exit the dialog box.
Note: The release types available in the Available Release Types column depends on the following:
- The ability of the printer to support the release type.
- The release type you select in the Select Secure option step. To select new release options, go back to Select Secure option.