The Print Analytics Setup Guide provides a quick and easy way to deploy Print Analytics by guiding you through the required steps. After each step is completed, a green check mark is shown on the right-hand side of the step to indicate that you've completed the step.
Step 1: Install on-premises components
- Save the Site Encryption Key. The Site Encryption Key (previously called the Site Password) protects the site keys, which are used for encrypting print jobs. The encryption key is required to download the Device Scout and the master Print Scout. See Save Site Encryption Key.
- Configure Printer IP Ranges. Define the IP ranges for the printers on your network. This information will be used by the Device Scout to find your printers. See Configure Printer IP Ranges.
- Download Device Scout. Download the Device Scout, which is used to scan your network to discover devices and collect comprehensive device information. The Device Scout only becomes available for download after confirming that the Site Encryption Key has been saved. See Download the Device Scout.
- Install the Device Scout on a Windows Server machine. Install the downloaded Device Scout package on a supported Windows server machine. See Install a Device Scout.
- Discover Printers. After having successfully installed the Device Scout, it will automatically start scanning your configured IP ranges for network print devices. See Discover Printers.
- Download Print Scout. Using the previously saved Site Encryption Key, download the Print Scout. See Download Print Scout.
- Install Print Scout. Install the Print Scout on a supported workstation. See Install Print Scout.
Step 2: Finalize Print Analytics Setup
- Deploy Print Scouts. Print Scouts must be installed on user workstations. See Deploy Print Scout to multiple machines.
Step 3:Start using Print Analytics
- Review Print Analytics Dashboard. Begin exploring your print data. See Review Print Analytics Dashboard.