The Sentry Print Setup Guide provides a quick and easy way to deploy Sentry Print Services. A green check mark next to each step indicates that you've successfully completed the step.
Step 1: Install on-premises components
Sentry Print Services requires installation of the following on-premises components:
- Device Scout - The Device Scout discovers network-attached print devices, collects device data, secures devices, and authenticates users to Active Directory. It also installs and controls the Secure Printer app running on the printer. See Prepare for Device Scout deployment.
- Print Scout - The Print Scout stores encrypted print jobs, optionally sends encrypted jobs to the cloud queue, collects print analytics data (e.g. username, department, application), and decrypts and sends print jobs to secure printers. See Install the Print Scout.
Before you can configure Sentry Print Services, you will need to install the following on-premises components.
- Save the Site Encryption Key. The Site Encryption Key (previously called the Site Password) protects the site keys, which are used for encrypting print jobs. The encryption key is required to download the Device Scout and the master Print Scout. See Save Site Encryption Key.
- Configure Printer IP Ranges. Define the IP ranges for the printers on your network. This information will be used by the Device Scout to find your printers. See Configure Printer IP Ranges.
- Download Device Scout. Download the Device Scout, which is used to control the Secure Printer app running on the printer. The Device Scout only becomes available for download after confirming that the Site Encryption Key has been saved. See Download the Device Scout.
- Install the Device Scout on a Windows Server machine. Install the downloaded Device Scout package on a supported Windows server machine. See Install the Device Scout on a Windows Server machine.
- Discover Printers. After having successfully installed the Device Scout, it will automatically start scanning your configured IP ranges for network print devices. See Discover Printers
- Download Print Scout. Using the previously saved Site Encryption Key, download the Print Scout. See Download the Print Scout.
- Install Print Scout on workstation. Install the master Print Scout on a supported workstation. See Install the Print Scout.
Step 2: Configure Sentry Print Services
- Select Sentry Print option. Choose your print job release method. See Select Sentry Print Option
- Secure Printers. Printers must be secured before they can be used to release print jobs. The Sentry Print options that are available will depend on the feature for which you are licensed. For example, the SR25 Hardware option will not be visible if you are not licensed for that feature.