The Fleet Manager Setup Guide provides a quick and easy way to deploy Fleet Manager. A green check mark next to each step indicates that you've successfully completed the step.
Install on-premises components
- Save the Site Encryption Key. The Site Encryption Key (previously called the Site Password) protects the site keys, which are used for encrypting print jobs. The encryption key is required to download the Device Scout and the master Print Scout. See Save Site Encryption Key for more information.
- Configure Printer IP Ranges. Define the IP ranges for the printers on your network. This information will be used by the Device Scout to find your printers. See Configure Printer IP Ranges.
- Download Device Scout. Download the Device Scout, which scans your network to discover devices and collect comprehensive device information. The Device Scout only becomes available for download after confirming that the Site Encryption Key has been saved. See Download Device Scout.
- Install the Device Scout on a Windows Server machine. Install the downloaded Device Scout package on a supported Windows server machine. See Install a Device Scout .
Start using Fleet Manager
- Discover Printers. After you have successfully installed the Device Scout, it will automatically start scanning your configured IP ranges for network print devices. See Discover Printers.
- Review Printers. The Review button takes you to the Meter view in Beacon so you can review the devices discovered by the Device Scout. See Review Printers.