Sentry Print Settings
The Sentry Print Settings section contains options for controlling how print jobs are released to secure printers.
Note: Click the Advanced button on the right-hand corner of the screen to view more Sentry Print options.
Users can release their documents from any Secure Print-enabled printer using their mobile devices and QR codes.
This option allows users to release documents using the following options:
Note: By default, both the Proximity Card and User and Password options are selected. Click Advanced for more options.
Users have the option of creating a PIN for quick login - This option is available with the User and Password release type. When enabled, users can release documents using a 4-digit PIN instead of their password.
Note: This option is available only if you have a SR25 Hardware license.
Users release documents using a proximity card. Secure printing is enabled by a sentry device (called the SR25) attached to the back of the printer.
This setting determines where submitted print jobs are stored. Select from these options:
Note: The Force delivery via print servers option only appears after selecting Advanced.
Purge jobs after
This controls how long a print job is stored before it is automatically deleted. Unreleased print jobs will automatically be deleted after 48 hours.
Mobile Release QR Code
With Mobile Release, users release documents by scanning a QR code label attached to a secure printer. The QR code label contains printer information (e.g. IP address) that makes it easy to identify the printers.
The Mobile Release QR Code section enables you to customize the information displayed on your QR Code labels. By default, the system uses the Default template which includes the following printer fields: Manufacturer, Model, and IP address. If the default is not suitable for your organization, you can create a new label template with the printer information that you prefer. You can also change the orientation of the QR Code label (i.e. configure how the elements in your labels are laid out).
You can select from the following set of printer fields to include in the QR Code label:
- Serial Number
- IP v4 Address
- Grid X / Grid Y
The following image shows the default QR code label. It includes the Make, Model, and IP address of a printer. The QR code label is laid out with the company logo on the left-hand side and the QR code on the right-hand side.
The Label Templates section is where you create a new label template, edit an existing label template and select the template for the system to use.
Creating a new QR Code label template
- Navigate to the Secure > Settings screen.
- In the Mobile Release QR Code section, click Create.
- Enter a name to identify the template.
- In the template editor, edit the template as desired (e.g. insert fields, remove fields, change existing logo).
- Save the template.
Note: The Default Template is selected by default. If you wish for a new template to take effect, you will need to select the template to use (by clicking on the template). Make sure to click on the Save button.
Click the Edit button on the template that you want to modify. The template editor appears. The following image shows the elements in the template editor.
- Insert image (to change logo).
- Insert printer fields (e.g. printer’s IP address, Model, Location)
- Format text (Select size of text, bold, italics, change text color).
- Pre-loaded logo (You can change this with your organization’s logo).
- Pre-loaded printer fields (Delete or insert fields as you like).
Note: The Default Template cannot be edited nor deleted. You can only edit or delete templates that you’ve added to the system.
Changing the existing logo
To change the existing logo, you will need to delete the existing logo first and then click the insert image icon . Browse to the location of the logo you want to add. Make sure to save your changes.
Inserting data fields
In the template editor, select the area where you want to add a new field and then click Insert Field. In the drop-down list that appears, select the field(s) that you want to display in your QR code label.
Make sure to save your changes.
Deleting data fields
Select the field that you want to delete from the template editor and then select Delete or backspace from the keyboard. Save changes.
Previewing a template
To see how your QR code labels are rendered before generating them:
- Navigate to Secure > Secure Printers.
- Select the printers for which you want to generate the QR Code labels.
- Click Generate QR. You will see an example of how the template renders in PDF. Take note that the printer fields are not shown in this view; you will only see the new logo and the orientation.
Deleting a Template
Select the template that you want to delete and then click the Delete button.
You can also change the orientation of the label in the Rendering Layout section. Select how the logo, the QR code, and the printer fields are laid out.
Remove User Registration
The Remove Registrations button allows you to remove registered print users and their associated proximity card and/or PIN registrations. You will need to enter the network ID of the user or users whose registration details you want to remove.
- Proximity Card - This removes the association of a card ID from a user. For example, when a user leaves the company, this allows the same card to be used by another user. Or if a user lost their card, old card registration can be removed for security purposes.
- PIN - This option removes the associated PIN for a registered user so the user can change their PIN number, for example.
- Complete User Information - This option removes registered print users as well as their associated proximity card and PIN number.