Depending on your license, the Print Scout installed on user workstations will:
- Collect, store, and report user and print job information for all print jobs (requires Print Analytics license).
- Collect, store, and report user and print job information for secure print jobs. It also manages the release of secure print jobs (requires a Sentry Print license).
The Secure > Print Scout screen provides details about the individual workstations where the Print Scout is installed. You can use the Secure > Print Scout page to:
- Verify that a Print Scout was installed successfully. A successful installation is indicated by an OK status in the Scout State column.
- Determine whether the Print Scout has a Sentry Print license.
- Determine the health status of the Print Scout.
Note: Print Scouts deployed on Print Servers are not a part of the Secure Print system, so they will not appear in the Secure > Print Scout screen. To view information about Print Server Print Scouts, navigate to the Discover > Print Scout screen in the system. The Deployment column shows whether a workstation is deployed on a Print Server or a workstation.
Sentry Print Enabled
|The network name of the machine on which the Print Scout is installed.|
Print Scout Version
The version of the Print Scout software installed on the machine.
The operating system in use on the machine on which the Print Scout is installed.
The date and time the Print Scout last sent its health status to the server. By default, the Print Scout sends it status to the server daily.
The health status of the Print Scout. The Scout State can be one of the following:
The type of machine on which the Print Scout is installed. (Workstation or Print Server.)