SR25 is a hardware solution that interfaces with any printer to provide Secure Print job release.
Follow these steps to deploy SR25 to secure your printers.
Step 1: Set up USB flash drive
A USB flash drive is required to configure SR25 devices. The same flash drive can be used to secure all devices on your site.
To create the USB configuration flash drive:
- Download the SR25 Hardware configuration package. The file is named SR25.zip. You can download the package by navigating to Secure > Secure Printers tab and then select the Deploy SR25 Hardware button. The dialog box that opens includes a link to the SR25 Hardware configuration package.
- Copy the downloaded SR25.zip file to the root of the USB flash drive.
Note: USB flash drive should be formatted as FAT32 and have at least 10MB space available.
Step 2: Connect the SR25 hardware to Printer
- Unplug your network cable from the printer and plug it into the WAN port on the SR25 hardware.
- Plug the yellow cable into the PRINTER port on the SR25 Hardware and then plug the other end into the printer.
- Plug in prox card reader into one of the USB ports of the SR25 Hardware.
Step 3: Secure the Printer
- Insert the USB flash drive into the other SR25 Hardware USB port.
- Attach the power cable to the SR25 Hardware unit and plug in to a power outlet.
- The LED lights on the SR25 Hardware unit will flash while setup is in progress. When complete, all the LED lights will be illuminated.
- The printer is now secured. It is safe to remove the USB flash drive from the SR25 Hardware unit.
Why can't I secure my printers?
The Secure button may be disabled for any of the following reasons:
- One of the Scouts has not yet been installed. Both the Device Scout and the Print Scout must be installed for Secure Print to function.
- The Scouts installed are not Secure-Print enabled. Navigate to the Discover screen (Device Scout or Print Scout). The Secure Print Enabled column shows whether the Scout is Secure Print enabled.