Configure how users will release their documents from a printer. Here are the options:
- Mobile Release - Users release documents from a secure printer using the Mobile release app.
- Printer Screen - Users release documents from a secured printer using a proximity card or keypad or using by a password or PIN.
- SR25 Hardware - This option appears only if you have a license for SR25 hardware devices. In this option, Secure Print is enabled by a device (called the SR25) attached to the back of the printer. Users release their documents using a proximity card reader attached to the SR25.
- The Secure Print options that are available depend on the features that you are licensed for. For example, the option SR25 Hardware will not be visible if you do not have a license for that feature.
- Mobile app release may be the best available option if a printer does not support proximity card, password/PIN authentication or SR25 Hardware.
To select a Secure Print option:
- In the Secure > Setup Guide screen, expand the Configure Secure Print option.
- Expand Select Secure Print Option, then select how you want users to release their documents (you can select more than one method).
- Click Confirm.
This setting determines which options are displayed in subsequent steps. For example, if you've chosen Mobile Release only, then securing printers for Printer Screen Release and SR25 Hardware will not be shown in subsequent steps.