Cost Profiles allow you to assign cost per page information to a logical grouping of devices. In this workflow, you create a new Cost Profile, give it a name, set a cost per page value, and then assign it to a group of devices that share similar costs. Examples of logical device groups include models, contracts, department, location, or user type.
Cost Profiles provide a flexible method of managing the cost of devices in your fleet while allowing for logical groups of devices that share the same cost. You can select from a default cost source or enter your own. If you want to assign an operating cost to more than one device at a time, you can create a new cost profile.
- On the Discover > Cost Profiles tab, click Create.
- Give the profile a name that will help you identify it in other areas of the application.
- Select a Cost Source.
- Default: operating cost will be provided by the system based on the latest market information.
- User Entered: enter actual cost per page (CPP) for mono and color pages respectively.
- Save the profile.
- Navigate to Discover > Device Cost and select the devices to which you will assign that Cost Profile.
- Click Edit to open the Edit Devices screen.
- Select Set Cost Profile and select your Cost Profile from the list.
- Save your changes.