Pharos Print iOS app for Uniprint and MobilePrint now available
With the Pharos Print app, part of the Pharos MobilePrint solution, you can easily send content from your iOS device to any Pharos-secured printer. No print drivers are required. To use this app, Pharos MobilePrint and a Pharos secure print solution must be in place within your organization.
From your mobile device, you can:
- Edit your finishing options before you print.
- Preview your documents before you print.
- View all of your documents waiting to print.
- Delete a print job.
- View your Available Funds and job cost (when applicable).
What you’ll need to use the Pharos Print app
- Apple iOS 7.0 and later for iPhone or iPad.
- Pharos MobilePrint 2.0+ with Pharos Uniprint 9.0+
- Uniprint 9.0 Print Center Services 1.7 must be applied to all machines running the Print Center Web and/or Pharos API Print Center Services, and optionally the Pharos Database.
How to roll out the Pharos Print app
Publish information to your users:
- Download the app directly from this link in the Apple app store, or search the app store for Pharos Print or Uniprint.
- Provide the server name and server port for your organization (the server running the Print Center Web and/or Pharos API Print Center Services.)
- Uniprint credentials are required for users to print using the Pharos Print app. (They only need to be entered once.) Our Pharos Print app Help page
- Pharos Blueprint Enterprise will support the iOS app in spring 2015.
- Android version of the app is in the works for 2015.